2JC 2021 - 2022
We are really excited to start our learning adventures with you. We will put lots of information on this page so keep checking back regularly. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will find important information for Year 2 in our 'Files to Download' section.
Mrs Johnson will be teaching on a Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Ms Corker will be teaching on a Wednesday and Thursday.
These are our school rules. We talk a lot about what these mean and how we can demonstrate these in school.
Our school rules link well with our school motto:
Success comes through personal effort.
We have been doing lots of reading in 2JC and it has paid off. We won the silver reading racetrack trophy!!! We're aiming for gold next!
We have been working really hard on our cursive writing. At this point in Year 2, children should be using cursive handwriting in ALL of their work.
We have finished our unit on Place Value. Here are some of the things we have learned in this unit:
We have been proving our knowledge of place value by finding different ways to represent numbers to 100.
We started our new ART unit today by recapping on our learning from Year 1. Have a look at our gallery at the bottom of the page for more photos.
- Reading books changed: Monday/Friday
- Library books changed: Every other Monday
- Reading racetrack books in: Friday
- PE day: Monday/Friday
- New Spellings sent home/on Spelling Shed: Friday
- Spelling Test: Friday
- Children should only bring water in their drinks bottles
- Earrings to be removed or taped over for PE
- Messages for class teachers to be written on a note and handed to the member of staff on the door in a morning
- PE kits to be brought in on the first day and left in school for the 1/2 term
- Correct uniform/PE kit to be worn (see below for details)
Infant Department Uniform
- Navy blue school jumper/cardigan (with logo)
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore
- Blue summer dress
- White polo shirt
- Grey or navy blue plain socks or tights
- Black school shoes (not boots or trainers)
- Plain white top
- Navy blue shorts
- Black pumps
- An optional outdoor PE kit can be used (navy/dark coloured joggers and jumper with trainers) in addition to the basic kit of pumps, shorts and top.
Files to Download
2JC: News items
There are no News items to display
2JC: Gallery items
2JC: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display